18 slices Nature's Harvest® Butter Wheat Made with Whole Grain Bread, 12 cups
Non-stick cooking spray
8 large eggs
3 cups low fat milk
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Streusel Topping (recipe follows)
Streusel Topping Ingredients:
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup margarine or butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, walnuts, margarine/butter and cinnamon until it resembles coarse, damp sand.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
French Toast Directions:
1. Generously spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Slice bread into 1-inch cubes, including crust, and place in baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk well and pour over bread cubes. Toss until combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to let the bread cubes soak up egg mixture.
3. In the morning, position oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Break up streusel topping with a fork and sprinkle evenly over French toast.
5. Place baking dish on top of a baking sheet to catch drips and bake for 55-60 minutes.
6. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.